Exedy Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch Kit
EXEDY organic racing clutches only use premium friction materials that are resistant to slippage and burst. Increased clamp loads give the necessary capacity to handle modified engines. This is the preferred clutch for street and light horsepower track use. Pedal efforts will be slightly higher because of the higher clamp loads. All of our Stage 1 clutch discs have spring center dampers to reduce drivetrain shock.
All Exedy clutches are built from the ground up as racing clutches-not rebuilt from modified stock clutches. Features drivability like a stock clutch. Clutch disc has a high-capacity spring center damper to reduce drivetrain shock/impact. Pressure plate castings are made of ductile (nodular) iron-not gray cast iron that can burst or explode. Pull-type clutch has a high torque capacity and great release performance. And, unlike the competition, it has a patented snap-in/snap-out release system to simplify installation without sacrificing any of the advantages of a pull-type system. Kit includes a single organic disc and spring center damper disc assembly. Custom-fit racing flywheel sold separately. Shipped separately from factory.
Ultra-Fiber Organic Disc:
- EXEDY Exclusive Friction Composition
- High Heat resins bond friction fibers
- Unlike competitors, EXEDY friction material has no need for steel backing to pass SFI burst test
- Maintains drivability of an OE-style disc
- Heavy Duty oil-quench hardened damper
- Heavy Duty rivets retain clutch material
High Performance Cover:
- Average of 40% increase in clamp load
- Extra capacity holds common street car upgrades
- Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength, anti-burst protection in all temperature ranges.
- Stamped steel cover designed to reduce deflection